




No part of me wanted to make that phone call this morning. But I knew I had to. I thought about going back to sleep and then I would do it. No...I needed to do it before I went back to sleep. I literally stood in front of the mirror and told myself I had to call my Grandma and tell her Goodbye. I knew It wasn't going to be a long conversation. I knew I wanted to hear her voice one last time. I knew I would cry either during the conversation or immediately afterwards. I called, we talked about her room and her dinner the night before. She was slow in responding b/c of the meds she is on. But it was good to hear her voice and tell her goodbye and that I loved her. She told me that it was good to hear my voice. And after that I said "I love you" and then I lost it. Completely lost it. My Aunt got on the phone and we chatted for a minute. She was crying I was crying. I am soo glad I called though.
I feel kinda lucky. She spent every Christmas Eve with us for the last 5 or 6 years. She celebrated my Birthday, then we open Xmas gifts and always played the dice game. She was right in on the fun. Grabbing gifts from people just like everyone else. It will be hard not having her here at Christmas. But I am so glad for the time we got to spend with her. I love you Grandma and miss you already. Can't wait to see you in Heaven someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment