Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July (2 months late!)










So, I have some catching up to do....Pretty much skipped the whole month of July and August Opps! I'm going to do a mini-recap (ok maybe not so mini) of the month.

4th of July was spent on the pontoon of course. :) My friend Aimee and her Mom joined us for a sunny-then rainy-then sunny-then rainy ride. It was quite humorous when we all got soaked then I dried off, then another down pour came just as we were leaving. Stacy, Ryan and Samuel joined us as well and Ryan took Samuel in the water. He was not quite sure what to think about that. We all had fun even if the weather was a bit sketchy!

Girl's Craft Night is a still hit @ Betsy's house. We meet once a month on a Thursday or Friday night to hangout, make a craft, have yummy treats and laugh. I really look forward to this Girl time and appreciate Betsy for hosting it.

The Herrmann Reunion was the 17-19th of July. There were over 80 of us Herrmann's there. Aunt's, Uncles, Cousin's and a few new cousin's kids. We spent the weekend at Lake Shetek Bible Camp. It was so much fun catching up w/ my Aunts, Uncles and cousins. We were reminiscing about our days spent at Grandpa and Grandma's Farm. We even stopped by there for a minute so we could take some last pics of the place. I have fond memories of playing in the grove w/ my cousins and crawling in and out of the tiny door that went from the bathroom to the laundry room underneath the sink. I must have been about 7 to fit in that small space!

Grandma's Memorial Service was on Sunday afternoon.
The "immediate" family was around 100 people...how crazy to think we took up 14 pews. I love it that we have a big family. My Uncle Mike read many memories from her kids and from her grandkids. I'm pretty sure there wasn't a dry eye in the place.
He talked about Grandma's cookies and Carmel rolls and how she was such a caring Mother/Grandmother and friend. Her strong faith and great zest for life.
Still 2 months later its hard to believe that G'ma is gone. But I know she is in a better place and someday I will see her again. You can read her obit here.

This same weekend on Friday, before my Aunts and Uncles were dividing up my G'ma's things, I was very honored to have been given my Grandfather and Grandmother's Wedding rings. With almost all (11 out of 13) of my G'ma's kids there- my Aunt Sharon told us that before G'ma died she told her that she wanted me (Being one of the oldest granddaughters and not married yet) to have their rings.
Honestly I was so honored and so surprised that I didn't know what else to say but Thanks. It had to have been one of the top five moments that I will remember in my lifetime. What a special gift to receive -I was and still am speechless about it. And VERY honored!

Cake Decorating Classes
My friend Alisha and I decided to take some cake decorating classes at Micheal's Craft Store in the month of July. We took course 1 which is 4 weeks long. I have to say that It was a lot harder than I had imagined but that I'm starting to really like it. Especially the roses...practice really does make perfect. And now, I've already committed to making a lil 2 yr olds Bday cake. Oooooh boy!

Scott County Fair
The Scott County Fair is a small fair in Jordan, Mn. Small but still fun! Mom, Dad, Scott, Meg, Aaron, Samuel and I all ventured out their on a Saturday. We met up w/ Meg's Dad, Brother, Sis-in-Law and their 3 kids. It's fun to see all the animals and eat the fair food that you only get once a year. The older Aaron gets the more he enjoys seeing all the animals -I'm sure next year Aaron and Samuel will love it!

If you know me(or read my blog) you know I luv the MN Vikings. Pretty sure it's in my blood. My father is a die hard and he somehow got me to watch and enjoy the sport too. I also am very competitive and love sports in general so that might have something to do w/ it. ;) So, anyway....I've been working at Davanni's more and who just happens to come in to get a to-go order? Mr. AP himself!!! Adrian Peterson...no lie. So, of course I had to get his autograph. (After making Kirby Pucketts hoagie and never asking for an autograph I was NOT going to let this moment pass me by). I also have Chester Taylor's and I am working on Brett Favre's...for my dad and brother of course! Go Vike's!!!

No comments: