I thought I would talk about the "Fun Side" of having a Major Surgery.
(We won't talk about the not so fun side. Well maybe someday -but not now- too painful.
The Fun Side:
-Sleep 10-12 hrs a night and still get a 1-2 hour nap in. (Mostly b/c of the meds I am on make me soooo sleeeeeepy! But I also luv my sleep!)
-You can call your Mom (on the phone) from the bedroom and she doesn't think your just being lazy.
-Finger nails are growing like weeds from not working.
-Get to wear lounge pants and T-shirts for weeks!
-Meet up w/ a lot of my friends and go walking!
-Beautiful flowers everywhere! Thank-U!!!
-Luv to check the mail everyday for cards! So Fun!
-Hangout w/ Stac and Lauren and go shopping/Mall walking weekly.
-My Nephew thinks my walker is cool and uses blankets to turn it into a fort.
-I wake up for about an hour each night to use the bathroom, eat a snack so I can take pain meds (usually between 2 and 5am), read CNN, blogs or return emails when I can't sleep.
-Mom makes the best home cooked meals. Do I have to move back home!? :P
-After a month- I put on a pair of jeans- never been so happy to wear jeans again!!
-Having a Shamrock shake isn't such a bad thing (even though you are sensitive to dairy) when it helps w/ the wonderful constipation you've had for a month.
-You throw your clothes down the shoot and somehow they appear in your room- clean and folded! Thank-U laundry fairy!
-More strangers open doors for you (when they see you w/ a walker) than ever before.
-You tell the nurse you will give her $50 for another shot of morphine and no one thinks you've lost your mind. (I think she got the hint that I needed more drugs!)
-The only time in your life you can blame the "heavy narcotics" for being forgetful.
-These are a couple of the good things that I have experienced in the last month. Special thanks to my Mom and Dad who have done SO much for me!! I could have never gone through this w/o you.
And Thanks to so many of my friends who have sent care packages, cards, flowers, gifts, made meals, visits, prayers, walking w/ me, calls, emails, texts...everything! It has been so encouraging and helpful to know that I have such wonderful friends! I feel so blessed that you all were by my side in such a time of need. It was truly the hardest time of my life-physically, mentally and emotionally. I am doing well and getting stronger each day. Only one more week of this walker and then 3 weeks w/ a cane. Maybe I can get a pink one!:)
-Sher
1 comment:
wow - so glad you have your parents. and i am so thankful that you are feeling better and seeing improvements. wish i could walk with you too! love ya! janie
Post a Comment